The main active ingredient in the golden milk is turmeric, and its active ingredient, curcumin. Adding black pepper to the mix increases the absorption of turmeric by as much as 2000%.
Here are the benefits of golden milk:
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve arthritis pain and inflammation
- It is high in antioxidants – reduces free radical damage and oxidative stress
- Help support many physiological functions in the body
Good news is that you can make this drink yourself at home, with the ingredients that are in your pantry and fridge.
2 cups low fat milk
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp cinnamon, ground
Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
• Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
• Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling
• Sweeten with maple syrup/ honey, if desired or flavor with some ginger and pinch of cayenne pepper.
• Drink immediately.
The golden milk is hearty and loaded with health benefits. Whether you looking to reduce inflammation, relieve arthritis pain, soothe digestive upset, or speed up healing, golden milk is the way to go.
Yours in health,