It is known as a ‘living fossil’, the Ginkgo biloba is one of the world’s oldest living tree species. It has been around for over 300 million years ago.
Some health benefits associated with Ginkgo Biloba:
More human studies research needed but what we know from available data is that:
- It contains potent antioxidants, which fight the damaging effects of free radicals and may be behind most of its health claims
- It may increase blood flow by promoting the dilation of blood vessels. This may have applications for the treatment of diseases related to poor circulation
- It cannot be concluded that Ginkgo biloba may be effective in the treatment of Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia
- Some research shows that gingko may improve mental performance in healthy people, but the data is inconsistent
- Some research shows that gingko may help treat anxiety, though this is likely due to its antioxidant content
- Some early research shows that supplementing with ginkgo may increase blood flow to the eyes but not necessarily improve vision. More research is needed
- Ginkgo may treat symptoms associated with respiratory diseases because of its anti-inflammatory effects. More research is needed
Did you know?
There is no clearly defined maximum dosage, but it is wise to start with a lower dose and work your way up to ensure tolerance. You cannot eat raw Gingko Biloba, and supplements are the best way to safely consume this herb. It is important to give it about 6 weeks to start seeing results.
Which of our product/s contains Ginkgo Biloba?
Mental fitness and Memorite
Note: It is important to consult with your healthcare provider before taking any health supplement.