Cinnamon is a popular spice. It’s high in cinnamaldehyde, which is an element that is thought to be responsible for most of cinnamon’s health benefits.
Health benefits associated with cinnamon:
- Improve key risk factors associated with heart & heart related diseases e.g. blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides
- Improves insulin sensitivity – which is more important for diabetics
- Supports normal fasting blood sugar levels
- More human research is needed, but there is promising data associated with improvements for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease in animal studies
- Cinnamaldehyde has antifungal and antibacterial properties, which may reduce infections and help fight tooth decay and bad breath
- Cinnamon is packed with potent polyphenol antioxidants
Did you know?
Cinnamon found in supplements is in higher doses compared to the cinnamon added in food. Stick to the manufacturers’ recommended daily dosage of a supplement with cinnamon.
Which Sportron product contains a significant amount of cinnamon: