Half-ﬁll your plate or bowl with colour from nature’s colour palette in the form of fruit or vegetables, such as grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, roasted vegetables, and so on.
Choose a right starch in the form of low-GI/ health bread toast, a high-ﬁbre cereal, baked beans
- Best to choose high fibre which provides SLOW-RELEASE, SUSTAINED ENERGY SO THAT MY BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVELS STAY STABLE
- Keeps gut health
- Keeps you fuller for longer
Choose a portion of protein (the size of the palm of your hand) of low-fat dairy or lean protein, such as low-fat yoghurt, cheese, egg, ﬁsh.
- Low fat dairy & dairy products
- Lean protein such as eggs, low fat cheese, fish , chicken
Have a small portion of healthy fat
- Such as nuts, seeds, peanut butter or avocado. Alternatively, a small amount of good quality oil could be used to prepare the breakfast
5 awesome morning Tips:
- Drink water or herbal tea infusions.
- Make your bowl or plate a canvas of colour from nature. Always include fruit and/or veg.
- Eat mindfully. How we eat is as important as what we eat.
- Eat slowly, with presence, and savouring the fl avours and textures of each mouthful. Eating with a sense of gratitude is also important.
- Avoid sugar or fast-releasing ingredients, such as high-GI carbohydrates. Feed your soul as well as your body. Breakfast is a good time to set your daily intention(s).
Yours in health,